Monday 26 March 2012

Heineken Music Festival, Preston - Flyer 1994

A flyer publicising something you don't see these days. A free music festival.

This was I think the second Heineken Music Festival to be held in Preston, and a grand line up it was. Of course, idiot me doesn't go on the Saturday to see Oasis. Oh no. I think it was The Boo Radleys headlining that put me off.

But I did go down to Avenham Park and braved the pouring rain on the Thursday to see my faves Inspiral Carpets, supported by the (then) little known Shed Seven, who I'd seen earlier in the year supporting Suede at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom. The Inspirals were promoting what turned out to be their final album "Devil Hopping" and were in fine form for a band close to splitting up.

I can't remember much about Baby Chaos (there was a promo card for them which I sent off) but the Sheds and Inspirals were excellent, and the big tent leaked the  alarmingly.

Don't forget - large cans from only 89p.

No comments:

Post a Comment