Wednesday 30 May 2012

Saint Etienne "Hug My Soul" Promo Postcard September 1994

Won't you hug my soul? No? Not even if I wrapped a feather boa round my neck and swayed like Sarah Cracknell? Don't run away...

Anyway, here's a rarity - a postcard sent out to publicise a Saint Etienne release (or maybe they just didn't send me anymore... sob). A top release it was as well. "Hug My Soul" was the third single from their third album "Tiger Bay", and a definite improvement chartwise after the number 41 placing of "Like A Motorway", as it reached the giddy heights of 32.  Minus points for the card advertising that very Nineties scam, the premium rate phone number message. Spend a small fortune listening to Steve Lamacq talking to the band and also hear the new single! You know, the one that's on the album you've got already.  The money you'd save not ringing could be spent actually buying the bloody CD. It made Dial-a-Disc seem such a loooong time ago.  Thank you marketing department of Creation Records.   



No comments:

Post a Comment